Troubled Teenage Boy? Need Help?
As a parent, it is second nature that you want the best of everything available to your son. But when your child becomes out of control and your options have dwindled to caving in and thinking, “I need to find help for my troubled teen,” what do you do? Who do you turn to when you’ve reached a breaking point? That’s where Gateway Academy comes in.
Gateway specializes in helping boys from their preteen to teenage years who are troubled with a myriad of problems that include but are not limited to the following:
• Substance Abuse and Addictions to Drugs, Sex, and Alcohol
• ADD, ADHD, and other Learning Disorders
• Depression • Personality Disorders
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Feelings of Rejection and / or Rebellion
• Sneaking Out and Running Away from Home
• Adoption and / or Family Issues
• Gang Behaviors Including Theft and Vandalism
• And much more
The Answer to Getting “Help for my Troubled Teen!”
Thousands of boys who entered Gateway Academy have emerged victorious with transformed lives. They have made the transition from rebellious and self-destructive teenagers to respectable and confident young men. This in turn benefits themselves, their parents, and the communities around them. How does this change happen at Gateway Academy? We believe it manifests through these three defining factors:
1. Jesus Christ is Lord of our lives and first place in everything we think, say, and do.
2. Students are surrounded by Christ’s love and the support from mentors and peers that builds confidence, relationships, and a bright future.
3. Discipline and hard work forge good character while education opens the pathway to new opportunities.
These three principles lay the groundwork that guides each student to make quality choices on their own. They learn the value of choosing good decisions over bad ones in a safe and loving environment that respects who they are as individuals. Traditional schools might not be compatible and therapeutic systems may fail, but Gateway Academy provides the answer through the loving stature of Jesus Christ. At Gateway, we stand on the proven evidence that hard work, perseverance, and trusting in God opens the doorway for an individual of any age to change.
Gateway Academy is part of the Teen Challenge ministry and stems its beginnings from a military Christian boarding school. These military programs are no longer enforced, but the spirit of discipline lives on through our comprehensive academics, sports, and ranching programs that benefit our students year-round. This unique standpoint provides an excellent opportunity for your son to catch up on his schoolwork and even get ahead any time of the year. He will also develop a keen sense of sportsmanship that will carry over to a successful career path. So when you find yourself saying “I need help for my troubled teen,” you can count on Gateway Academy. Reclaim your son!
What You Can Expect from Gateway Academy
Our curriculum is state of the art for individualized learning and tailored to fit every student’s needs. What is it like for a day in the life of a Gateway Academy student? A snapshot of what your son will encounter here includes these wonderful discoveries:
• Hands-on experience in working at a real ranch farm.
• A ranking cadet advancement program that awards students for their hard work based on academic hours and weekly evaluations.
• Church services twice a week at the campus chapel and quality time with Bible study groups.
• One-on-one weekly biblical counseling by a qualified Christian mentor.
• Sports participation in baseball, basketball and soccer with the Gateway Academy Lions team and the Panhandle Christian Conference.
• New top-class maple wood gym floor and expansive ball fields.
• Opportunities to join the Stay Sharp ministry team and present drug awareness programs to public and private high schools.
• Mentorship for parents to help bring healing to the home and restore family relationships.
• Powerful curriculum that customizes to each student’s learning ability.
• GED and ACT testing for college placement are available.
What Not to Expect from Gateway Academy
Are you saying to yourself, “When I’m seeking the right help for my troubled teen, the last thing I want to see is…” …well, you get the picture. Thoughts of concerns about sending your son to boarding school are understandable for any parent. Rest assured, Gateway Academy strongly believes in biblical principles that build up and motivate students, so you can be certain that you or your son won’t find any of these negative situations on our campus. That means there will be:
• NO meaningless military drills, sergeant screaming or excessive exercises.
• NO forced behavior modification tactics or abuse.
Start Getting Help for Your Troubled Teen Today!
Did you know that Gateway Academy costs far less than other traditional therapeutic boarding schools?
Find out more information about Gateway today when you fill out and send the online form to us. Or, give us a call for the latest information about enrollment rates and times. Want to learn what Gateway is like from another parent’s words? We’ll gladly give you references of parents who enrolled their sons at our school – and had their lives changed for the better as a result.
“We had tried everything we could think of for our troubled son — tough love, Christian counseling, traditional church activities, and homeschooling. But all were to no avail,” says Jessica, mother of a Gateway Academy student. “The military format of Gateway taught John self-control, physical work and teamwork, leadership skills and integrity. John received love, discipline, forgiveness, and persistent mentoring from dedicated staff members. Gateway is a God-send for our broken family…restoring our relationship with our son. It is a place of hope, a place of love, and a place of renewal.”
If your situation with your son has led to you thinking, “I need help for my troubled teen,” you are not alone. We encourage you to contact us by phone at (850) 547-9471 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be there for you in every step toward your son’s progress, and you will even have the opportunity to visit him for special marching drill ceremonies and mission trip events. If you’ve ever asked yourself, “Where on earth can I find help for my troubled teen?” your search is over. It’s an honor for us to care for your child and help heal the hurt in your family.