Admissions at Gateway
At Gateway, new male students, age 11-17, are admitted from around the country year-round. There is not cost to apply.
Our easy and quick enrollment process begins with your inquiry (via the online form or phone call), which will then cause an interview between our Intake Coordinator and the parent/guardian to be scheduled. This will ensure that the prospective student is a candidate for our program (before you fill out the application materials). After the interview, an introductory email will be sent that includes an Application for admission (this is free).
Please note that for everyone’s safety, we do not enroll boys who have:
• A serious mental illness that is not manageable without regular psychiatric visits
• Demonstrated same-sex predatory behaviors
• Significant developmental delay
• Pronounced suicidal thoughts or attempts
• Involvement in arson or violent outbursts
• A significant health condition, physical impairment, or illness requiring ongoing care or special equipment.
The admission process begins with your inquiry by online form or phone call, then by the submission of an Application (but only after we have determined your boy is a good candidate).