At Gateway, new students, age 11-17, are admitted year-round. We are an all-male program.
Our easy enrollment process begins with an interview between our Intake Coordinator and the parent/guardian to ensure that the prospective student is a candidate for our program. After the interview, an introductory email will be sent to the parent that includes an Application for admission.
Please note that we do not enroll boys who have:
• A serious mental illness that is not manageable without regular psychiatric visits
• Demonstrated same-sex predatory behaviors
• Significant developmental delay
• Pronounced suicidal thoughts or attempts
• Been involved in arson or have extremely violent tendencies
• A significant health condition, physical impairment, or illness requiring ongoing care or special equipment.
The admission process begins with the submission of information, without cost or obligation to the parent.
Parents are required to attend a time of parent orientation on the day of admission and parenting sessions that take place at various times of the year.
Church or Civic Organization
Sometimes the church or civic organization that a parent belongs to will assist with treatment costs. Discussing your situation with the Pastor of your church or President of your group may lead to financial assistance.
Typically, insurance does not pay for residential treatment. However, it may depend on your personal benefit package and it does not hurt to ask. Sometimes part of the stay or the counseling portion is covered. Please contact your insurance company so that they can make a determination.
Health Care Loans
Please contact us for more information about reasonable interest loans that are available to most parents.