Gateway is a Substance Abuse Treatment Center for Teenage Boys
As a parent, it can be overwhelming to discover that your son has been experimenting with alcohol and drugs. Perhaps he has started hanging out with a different crowd and you have noticed changes in his appearance, behavior, and spending habits. No matter what you try, he is not responding to your intervention, and you are afraid he is becoming dependent on alcohol or drugs. The good news is that substance abuse treatment centers for teens are available to help.
It is possible to handle substance abuse problems on your own. As the parent, it is your job to lovingly get your rebellious teen back on track. Sometimes, the best way to do that is by seeking help from professionals with a proven record for turning lives around.
Substance abuse treatment centers for teens are comprehensive programs designed to help individuals living in a controlled environment. Even in the most loving homes, boys often struggle with rebellion and the desire to fight against everything parents try. You can make a lasting change in your son’s life by choosing the place where he is most likely to thrive.
Benefits of Substance Abuse Treatment Centers (Rehabs) for Teens
When your son is struggling with substance abuse, substance abuse treatment centers for teens can provide him with many benefits that living at home or going to a traditional boarding school can’t do. These key differences are what make a Christian rehab for teens like Gateway Academy such a valuable option for rebellious and addicted boys.
- Getting your son out of his usual environment and away from the friends who may be influencing his behavior is a critical first step. You want to choose a place like Gateway Academy for Boys that is specifically designed to treat substance abuse, build character, and accomplish lasting change.
- Rebellious boys will do everything they can to continue using drugs and alcohol. It’s often necessary to put him in a structured situation that prohibits access to substances.
- Trained and experienced staff is available around the clock. You can place your confidence in their years of experience.
- At substance abuse treatment centers for teens, boys who have been strongly influenced by their peers develop tight bonds with new friends who are changing their lives. Boys who have been at Gateway Academy for Troubled Boys for a longer time become role models for those just coming in. Their common backgrounds and shared experiences develop camaraderie and brotherhood.
Going Beyond Rehab: Building Character for Life Change
Simply removing availability of drugs and alcohol does not create lasting change. Instead, it’s important to replace these negative influences with positive ones. Your son needs to want something beyond the rebellious and destructive behavior he has been pursuing. Recognizing the spiritual need is the best way to do that. Christian substance abuse treatment centers for teens guide your son in building a strong relationship with Jesus and setting a new direction for his life.
At Gateway Academy for Boys, your son will be encouraged to pursue a wide range of activities within a Christian environment.
- Vocational training helps give your son purpose and provides him with a goal to work toward. Boys are strong-willed and in need of a mission. Choosing a residential treatment center with a vocational component gives your son a mission for his life to continue working toward after he comes back home.
- Farming requires hard physical labor, but boys gain an incredible satisfaction t from seeing something tangible come out of their efforts. Manual labor develops discipline, physical strength, and a work ethic that will transfer to other arenas as well.
- Participating in team sports develops camaraderie and lifelong friendships. Boys who play sports have an outlet for their energy and learn to love the physical satisfaction of exercise.
- Gateway Academy allows boys to participate in mission trips. These experiences encourage boys to look beyond themselves to impact the lives of others. Many boys come back from a mission trip with a changed attitude and a fueled desire to serve others.
- Military environments are known for their focus on discipline, respect for authority, and development of self- control. Gateway Academy for Boys has a strong history as a military academy. Although Gateway has added a strong emphasis on vocational training, the residential center still provides structure and teaches self-discipline.
Importance of Staff at Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for Teens
Boys need a safe harbor where they can build new relationships with authority figures parents can trust.
- Teachers cultivate a love for learning and help rebellious boys develop an appreciation for the role of a strong education in providing opportunities in life.
- Mentors work hard to relate to the boys. Staff members take the time to understand each boys individual situation. They demonstrating love and forgiveness even while providing needed discipline.
- Spiritual leaders help boys experience the transforming power of truly knowing and interacting with Jesus Christ. They guide boys in reading and studying the bible, praying, discussing spiritual topics, and serving in missions. As a Christian organization, Gateway Academy for Boys is committed to helping boys grow in their Christian faith and learning to live it out in their everyday lives.
- Trained staff helps boys develop healthy eating and exercise habits.
As a rehab for teens affiliated with Teen Challenge, Gateway Academy for Boys has a proven track record of transforming the lives of boys ages 11-17. Teen Challenge is highly respected as a successful model for Christ-centered, holistic solutions and has been endorsed by presidents and trusted religious leaders. Hundreds of parents who had lost hope for their son’s ability to change have thanked us for helping their son at Gateway Academy.
Do you want to see your son thrive in a structured environment focused on developing Christian character and setting a new direction for his life? Gateway Academy for Boys can help. Please call us today at 850-547-9011 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .